Arzan Restaurant Blog Montreal restaurants

Saturday 29 March 2014

Le Taj

Le Taj





Three of my friends and I went to Le Taj last Friday for late dinner before Mickey Singh event. We were there at around 10 PM, so we got a table without reservation. It was still busy at that time though.

We were in a hurry, so we quickly browsed through the menu and didn't order much. We also knew that each dish would be filling, so we shared. I would like to try other items once I'm there. 

You can see their online menu.

I actually wanted to get butter chicken, but it wasn't halal so I got Shahi Paneer and my friend shared with me. This is what we ordered altogether: 
  • Chicken Chaat Salad
  • Butter Chicken
  • Shahi Paneer
  • 4 Naans
  • Drinks (Mango Lassi, Shirley Temple)

The waiter asked us if we wanted our shahi paneer sweet or not because it really depends on what you like honestly. That night, we asked him not to be sweet...


Our shahi paneer was a little spicy (not too much but just a little). I personally didn't like that it was a little spicy but it was still good!

Shahi Paneer
However, my friends liked their butter chicken and chicken chaat salad. In fact, their butter chicken wasn't spicy at all. Next time, I will simply ask them to not make it spicy at all. 
Chicken Chaat Masala
Butter Chicken

Their service was really fast! We got our food fast and we were out of there in an hour, so we were really happy. 

I've been to Le Taj few times before and I really like it. It has a nice ambience to it and the decor is beautiful! 


Overall, it's definitely a good Indian restaurant in Montreal. I was in a rush this time, so didn't enjoy as much as I would like to. However, we were full and were still satisfied of our food!

My friend and I split the bill and paid about $20 each (meal, drink, taxes and tips). 





Le Taj on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment